Yellow Pages -  Business Directory Plus
Detailed Weather Reports, Event Calendar and Movie Showtimes
Home - Set as Homepage - Add to Favorites - Contact Us
Discover Paris TN,  Henry County Tennessee
Discover Paris TN,  Henry County Tennessee Photo Gallery and Video Gallery
Detailed Weather Reports, Event Calendar and Movie Showtimes Monday - December 11, 2017  
Yellow Pages -  Business Directory Plus

Information Articles for the Paris TN and Henry County Tennessee area

Articles

Unemployment Rates In Nearly All Tennessee Counties Remained Under 5.0 Percent In October

By | November 25, 2017 | Email This Post Print This Post

State Continues to Experience Record Low Unemployment  

Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce DevelopmentNashville, TN – Nearly all Tennessee counties continued to have unemployment rates below 5.0 percent in October 2017, following a record-breaking September when, for the first time ever, each of the state’s 95 counties experienced a rate below 5.0 percent.

October marked the fifth consecutive month Tennessee’s statewide unemployment rate was in record territory, matching the all-time low of 3.0 percent set the month before.

Tennessee County Unemployment Rates for October 2017

“To have so many counties under 5.0 percent unemployment, as we head into the holiday season, is a good thing,” said Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Burns Phillips.  “It means more Tennesseans are able to provide for their families and that is the goal of Governor Haslam’s workforce initiatives.”

Williamson and Davidson Counties continue to have Tennessee’s lowest unemployment rates at 2.2 percent.  Williamson County’s rate increased by 0.1 percent in October, while Davidson County’s rate held steady compared to the previous month.  Rutherford County’s rate was also unchanged at 2.3 percent.  

Cheatham, Wilson, Moore, and Sumner Counties each had a rate of 2.4 percent.  That represents at 0.1 percent increase for Cheatham, Wilson and Sumner Counties and 0.1 percent decease for Moore County.  Sevier County’s unemployment rate remained at 2.5 percent in October.  Knox County increased by 0.1 percent to 2.6 percent and Smith County’s rate remained the same at 2.6 percent.   

While two counties saw an increase above the 5.0 percent threshold, their rates are still below 5.5 percent.  Rhea County has the state’s highest unemployment at 5.4 percent, up from 4.9 percent in September.  Lauderdale County’s rate increased to 5.3 percent, from 4.6 percent the previous month.

Looking at the entire state, October unemployment rates decreased in four counties, remained the same in seven counties and increased in 84 counties.  Ninety-three of Tennessee’s 95 counties continue to have unemployment rates below 5.0 percent.

The statewide unemployment rate is seasonally adjusted, while the county rates are not.  Seasonal adjustment is a statistical technique that eliminates the influences of weather, holidays, the opening and closing of schools and other recurring seasonal events from an economic time series.​

Unemployment data for each of Tennessee’s 95 counties is available here and additional information about the state’s labor statistics can be found at Jobs4TN.gov

The November 2017 statewide unemployment rate will be released on Thursday, December 21st, 2017 at 1:30pm CT.

Be Sociable, Share!

About Marlon Scott

Marlon Scott is a freelance journalist and writer. He graduated from Austin Peay State University in 2011 with a B.S. in Communications, majoring in Communication Arts with a concentration in print and web journalism.

His writing career began as a sports writer for The All State, the APSU student newspaper, in 2006. He continued working for the paper until his graduation, serving in various positions including Sports Editor and Editor-in-Chief.

In 2010, Scott contributed stories and photographs as well as designed and served as Editor-in-Chief for the monograph, Civic Art of Clarksville: The stories behind the pieces.

Scott has also produced 60 stories for The Leaf Chronicle.

You can find him on twitter @theMarlonScott and on Facebook

Email: mrscottoftn@gmail.com

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

|Home|Articles|Movie Theatre|Photo Gallery|Weather|Contact Us|

©2008 Discover Paris TN, Paris TN Web Design and Hosting by Compu-Net Enterprises.